Are you trying to understand how to reset Android phone when locked? If so, then you’ll be glad to know that you’re in the right place!
Two incredibly common scenarios that you may encounter are that:
- You forget your phone’s screen lock and are unable to access the device.
- You want to reset Android but it requires the screen lock.
If you’re encountering one of these scenarios, then you need to know how you can get past this screen lock without the passcode. Keep reading to find the answer!
A complete factory reset wipes all data, including the lock screen password, from your Android phone.
- Way 1: Factory Reset Locked Android with Professional Third-party ToolEffective
- Way 2: Reset Locked Android by Find My Device
- Way 3: Wipe Android Phone When Locked via Find My Mobile (Samsung Only)
- Way 4: Hard Reset Locked Android Phone
Part 1: How to Reset Android Phone When Locked - 4 Ways
The following is an overview of all the methods, you can choose the most suitable method according to the conditions of use and other factors to reset Android phone when locked out.
|PassFab Android Unlocker||A working computer.||Works on almost all Android devices.||Very easy, just need to click the on-screen buttons.|
|Google Find My Device||Google account and Password, location and Find My Device are enabled and activated.||Works on almost all Android devices.||Easy to operate if your phone meets the requirements.|
|Samsung Find My Mobile||Samsung account and Password, Find My Mobile and Location are turned on, you signed into Samsung account on your phone.||Works on only Samsung devices.||Easy to operate if your phone meets the requirements.|
|Hard Reset||All the buttons are normally to use.||Works on almost all Android devices.||Complicated button operation.|
Way 1: Factory Reset Locked Android with Professional Third-party Tool
The simplest and most effective way to reset locked Android phone is with the help of reliable third-party software. For this purpose, we highly recommend you to use PassFab Android Unlocker. Because it can:
- Factory reset Android phone with easiest operation by clicking the on-screen buttons.
- Reset locked Android phone without ANY kinds of password.
- Wipe Android phone with higher success rate.
Launch PassFab Android Unlocker and select “Remove Screen Lock”.
Select “Remove Screen Lock” again in this interface.
Connect your Android phone to the computer and hit “Start”.
Hit “Yes” to confirm the command.
Wait for the process to complete. Then your Android phone can be factory reset successfully.
Way 2: Reset Locked Android by Find My Device
If you don't want to download a software, then you can use Google Find MY Device. The feature allows you to remotely factory reset locked phone. However, for this method, you must know the Google account and Password associated with your locked phone. And your phone should meet the following conditions:
- Your phone is on.
- Your phone signed in to Google account.
- your phone connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Your phone can be displayed on Google Play.
- The location feature is turned on.
- "Find my device" is turned on.
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find using your web browser and sign in to your Google Account.
Select your locked Android phone and hit “Erase Device”.
- Hit “Erase” again to confirm your command.
- Simply wait for the reset to complete and you can set up your Android phone as a new device afterward.
Way 3: Wipe Android Phone When Locked via Find My Mobile (Samsung Only)
If you’re using a Samsung phone, then you can also use the Samsung Find My Mobile feature to unlock your Samsung phone before resetting. This method is also quite effective; however, it only works on Samsung devices. And it also has some requirements:
- Your Samsung phone turned on Find My Device.
- Your Samsung phone turned on location.
- You signed in a Samsung account on your phone and it is activated.
Go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ using your web browser and sign in with your Samsung account.
Select the “Find My Mobile” option and find the locked Samsung phone, then hit “Unlock”.
Hit “Unlock” to confirm your command.
Then enter the Samsung account password to confirm and clcik "Next". Your Samsung phone will be unlocked.
Way 4: Hard Reset Locked Android Phone
If none of the above methods were able to reset locked Android devices, then you should try performing a hard reset. A hard reset is a bit more complicated than other alternative methods. Here are the specific steps to hard reset Android phone when locked.
1. Hard Reset Samsung Phones
For Samsung with Home Button:
- Press and hold the Power button to Power Off your Samsung phone. Connect it to PC with USB.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Up button, the Power button, and the Home button altogether.
- As soon as your device vibrates, release the Power button.
- Once you see a screen appear, release the rest of the buttons as well.
- Use the Volume Down button to navigate to “Delete all user data” and press the Power button to select "Yes" to confirm.
For Samsung without Home Button:
- Press and hold the Power button to turn off Samusng and connect Samsung to PC with USB.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons or Volume Up + Power + Bixby buttons at the same time.
- Release all the buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
- After you enter recovery mode, press the Volume Down buuton to choose "Wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to confirm your operation.
2. Hard reset Huawei Phones
- Hold the Power button to turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the startup screen appears.
- Then select "Wipe data/factory reset" and confirm the selection with Volume buttons.
3. Hard Reset LG Phones
- Press and hold the Power button to Power Off your device.
- Next, press and hold the Power/Lock button and Volume Down button and release them when you see the recovery mode screen.
- Locate to the “Factory Data Reset” option using the Volume buttons. Press the Power/Lock button to select this option.
- Use the Volume button to highlight the “Yes” option. Press the Power/Lock button once again to confirm the command and begin the hard reset process.
4. Hard Reset HTC Phones
- Press and hold the Power button to Power Off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume down button and then press the Power button.
- Keep holding down the Volume down button until the Download Mode screen is displayed.
- Once the menu is displayed, use the Volume buttons to highlight the “Recovery Mode” option.
- Select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option by pressing the Power button.
5. Hard Reset Motorola Phones
- Press and hold the Power button to turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously until you see the option menu.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to “Recovery Mode” and press the Power button to select it.
- Hold down the Volume buttons to select "Wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to confirm.
- Choose “Yes” by using the Volume buttons to navigate to it and press the Power button to confirm.
6. Hard Reset Sony Phones
- Turn off your Sony phones
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons as soon as the logo appears on your screen.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and press the Power/Home button to select it.
Part 2: Some Related Questions You Need to Know
Q1: How can I unlock the Android lock after factory resetting?
After factory resetting your Android phone, the screen lock can also be removed. You will get a phone without any data after resetting it.
Q2: How can I unlock my phone after I forgot my pattern lock?
The above ways all can be used to unlock your Android phone when you forgot the pattern lock. But according to my experiment, PassFab Android Unlocker is the best and most effective way.
By now, you must be aware of the different solutions of how to reset Android phone when locked. The process isn’t actually much difficult if you use the appropriate method for it. Based on popular opinion, the simplest and most efficient way of resetting your device is with the help of PassFab Android Unlocker. Using this software ensures minimum effort leading to maximum results.
PassFab Android Unlocker has Recommended by many medias, like macworld, makeuseof, appleinsider, etc.